Saturday, July 21, 2007

Warlord Logo

Seventeen years ago I became the first commanding officer of HSL-51 in Atsugi Japan. I asked my brother, a professional designer and advertiser to design a logo for the squadron. Howie captured the spirit of the squadron and met my request for it to be impressive, unique and visible from a distance when worn on your flight suit. In those 17 years the squadron has won numerous awards for warfighting and public service. The commanders of the squadron have gone on to command numerous capital ships and stations in the Navy.

I have traveled the world and I am always surprised at the various places I've discovered our patch - zapped in some far flung location. This one was found zapped to a tool box on the HMAS Anzac, an Australian frigate serving in the extreme Northern Arabian Gulf. I spied it as I was transiting her hangar to hop on my Desert Hawk to fly into Bahrain. To se more on that trip click here.

Thanks Howie, your logo will continue to inspired LAMPS pilots and crews for years to come.

1 comment:

Garry said...

And you were CO Ichiban. Very cool. Good times, good times... :)