Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11th, 2007

I have the good fortune to lead over 15,000 active duty Sailors and Marines who serve their Navy, Marine Corps and their Nation with honor. They do this voluntarily and a majority have taken their oath following September 11th 2001.

"I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic, and that I will bear true faith allegiance to the same. I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and all officers appointed over me in accordance with the Uniform Code of Military Justice. I take this obligation freely and without mental reservation or purpose of evasion and I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter. So help me God."

I thank each of you for taking the oath. I thank our families and friends for without your support we could not do this mission.

God bless America. We will never forget.

For another thought on 9/11 please read the comment to this earlier blog entry.

No comments: